Do email us if you are interested in working for us, we are happy to keep CVs on file should a suitable position arise we can contact you.
Most of our staff hold an NVQ level 3 in Child Care and Education or hold or are currently studying for a degree in Early Years.
Our staff are required to work within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum framework, regulated by OFSTED and the nursery’s strict company policies and procedures.
Nursery Assistant (Apprentice)
Nursery Assistant Apprentice, Full Time – Monday to Friday 8.15am to 5.30pm
(Unqualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent)
Annual Salary: £10,725k to £18,725k
Closing Date: Friday 6th November 2020
We are a privately run day nursery rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and registered for children aged 10 months to 5 years, located in a residential area one mile from Oxford City Centre.
We are looking to appoint a passionate, enthusiastic, confident, committed and mature individual with excellent communication & organisational skills and a mature, ‘hands-on’ attitude to work tasks to join our caring and supportive nursery team.
The successful candidate will be supporting the nursery by assisting in the required location for that day, depending on the duties that are needed to be undertaken. Daily they will be expected to support the Nursery Management Team to support the day to day running of the nursery. To provide high quality, care and a stimulating environment, where our children can learn and develop while having fun. Whilst also assisting in the daily domestic management of the nursery, including ensuring that the nursery is safe, secure, clean at all times.
The successful candidate may be wishing to start a career in childcare or have already established a career in childcare and are looking to move on and progress from their current role.
Financial support will be given to candidates to achieve an NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Children’s Care, Learning & Development once the probation period is completed and all in house and external training is given suitably for the role.
It is ESSENTIAL that candidates have the following qualities, skills and knowledge we are looking for:
• Committed to supporting the deliverance of quality; the ability to abide by the nursery’s policies and procedures including the Safeguarding of Children and Health & Safety at work.
• Previous experience working as part of the team either within a work or school situation.
• Hope to further their own personal career development; we positively support our nursery practitioners to improve their skills and knowledge through our company training & development program and further their position within the company.
• Willingness to participate in training and development opportunities offered by the company to further knowledge.
It is DESIRABLE but NOT ESSENTIAL that candidates have the following qualities, skills and knowledge we are looking for:
• Previous experience working with children aged between 10months – 5 years.
• GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade C (Level 4) or above in Maths and English.
Staff benefits include:
• 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays and one week closure between Christmas and New Year).
• A full training & development program to help candidates to progress further in their career development.
• Hot lunches.
• Staff uniform.
• Working within a supportive and nurturing team environment.
• Christmas party.
As an independent nursery, we aim and can offer a competitive salary package to the successful candidate that will reflect their experience, skills and qualifications.